Flexible Transparent Heater is a newly product of flexible heater, which is different with traditional/popular heaters such as Polyimide heaters, silicon rubber heaters, transparent heater has excellent light transmittance of almost 90% can perfectly solve blurry vision caused by temperature difference, as well as its flexible voltage design, power can apply to everywhere we need.
Flexible transparent heater is to print two electrodes on both sides of a transparent conductive layer, and heat the whole surface by energizing the two electrodes to achieve infrared heating.
It is consisted of PET protective film, a transparent conductive layer, PET substrate and Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA), showing in below image, you can see the structure of Transparent heater.
(Structure of Transparent heater)
Basic parameter of Transparent Heater
PET substrate can be 0.125mm (including conductive layer), some customer also chose 0.188mm. (Thinner substrate is easy to wrinkle to cause defective, so we don’t suggest to use thickness thinner than 0.125mm.)
PET protective film we commonly used is 0.1mm, 0.125mm
OCA (a kind of optical high permeability double-sided adhesive), the thickness can be 0.125mm or 0.175mm (It depends on customers’ requirements, some products do not need to use OCA.)
Finished thickness: 0.2-0.4mm
Working temperature: -40oC – 80oC
Features of Flexible Transparent Heater
Uniform heating surface
Infrared heating principle
Low voltage, low power, safety temperature
Flexible design and outline
Excellent transmittance (80%-90%)
3-5 years lifetime
Light and easy to install
Cost-efficient, flat-rate price
Can be pre-formed and bonded to part
Wide variety of lead wire configurations
Application of Flexible Transparent Heater
Trains, rails, cars, motors
Meteorological monitoring instrument
Basic Computational Formulas for Flexible Heater
In generally, the working temperature of the flexible heaters are determined by the power density. The higher the power density, the higher the operate temperature; the smaller power density and the temperature will be lower.
Power density = Power/Heater heating area(cm2), for example: 0.2W/CM2 power density can achieve to 100degree (maximum)
Below are some basic computational formulas about the resistance:
1. V/R=I, I*R=V, V/I=R (V=voltage, R=resistance, I=current)
2. R = ρ*(L/S) ρ is the resistivity of the material, L is the length of the line, S is the cross section of the line
3. R=V²/P = P/I² (V=voltage, P=power, I=current)
4. Q=I²Rt=Pt (Q=quantity of the heating, I=current, R=resistance, t=heating time, P=power)
Parameter Tolerance of Flexible Heater
1. Resistance tolerance: +/-5% as default (special tolerance requirement is available if customer requires)
2. Power tolerance: +/-5% -10% as default (special tolerance requirement also is available if customer requires)
3. If the customer does not require tolerance for line length, then the following tolerance will be adopted by default:
4. If there is no any other requirement about linear dimensional tolerance, it is generally controlled according to M level, details as shown in the figure below:
As a manufacturer of Flexible transparent heater in Asia, we have professional engineering and development team, can design and customize heaters for you at any time, if you are interested in it or if you have any questions about it, just feel free to contact us.